Peace of mind, which comes from pure and holy motives and actions, will give free and vigorous spring to all the organs of the body. Inward peace and a conscience void of offense toward God will quicken and invigorate the intellect like dew distilled upon the tender plants…. The meditations are pleasing because they are sanctified. The serenity of mind which you may possess will bless all with whom you associate. This peace and calmness will, in time, become natural, and will reflect its precious rays upon all around you, to be again reflected upon you.
The more you taste this heavenly peace and quietude of mind, the more it will increase. It is an animated, living pleasure which does not throw all the moral energies into a stupor, but awakens them to increased activity. Perfect peace is an attitude of heaven which angels possess.
Lift Him Up, page 94
"The very first step in the path of life is to keep the mind stayed on God, to have His fear continually before the eyes. A single departure from moral integrity blunts the conscience, and opens the door to the next temptation. "He that walketh uprightly walketh surely; but he that perverteth his way shall be known." Proverbs 10:9"
Signs of the Times, February 7, 1884
“The lives of many are too delicate and dainty. They know nothing of bearing hardship as good soldiers of Christ. They are hindrances to the work of soul saving. They have many wants; everything must be convenient and easy, to suit their taste.”
Volume 8, Testimonies, pages 52-53
As I interact with people day by day I realize just how spoiled “we” have become. In the past folk had to go to the well to draw water, or the spring. There were no indoor toilets and no showers. If you bathed, you had to draw up the water, start a fire, heat the water (unless you’re brave or it’s summer!), bathe with a bucket of water, and throw out the bath water when you finished. Having homesteaded on numerous occasions, I know what this looks like day to day. I’ve done it! It’s not easy, but it is definitely a rewarding and valuable experience.
The Bible says that, in the near future, those who remain faithful to Jesus will no longer be able to buy or sell. (Revelation 13:17 “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”) What will you do? If you can’t pay your water bill? power bill? buy gas or food? Are you preparing? Are you preparing spiritually? physically? mentally? emotionally?
Are you prepared to be ridiculed, hated or hunted and still stand for your convictions? I believe that living in the country is one of the most merciful things God could call us to do in preparation for what is ahead. Trials? You better believe it! Homesteading is not for sissies! We must prepare ourselves to be comfortable being uncomfortable! God help us to embrace His method of schooling.
I would like to invite you to our Spring 2018 Camp Meeting at Closure for Jesus Farm if you need help getting started. Even if you’re an old pro, you can come and share your experience with others. May 16-20. More to come!
Proverbs 15:13 "A merry heart taketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken."
Proverbs 12:25 "Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad."
Proverbs 17: 22 "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."
Did you know that depression has been linked to many physical ailments? Coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, loss of bone mineralization, diabetes, etc. Did you know that prayer and meditation, along with a good, brisk walk, are some of the very best and most effective remedies for depression? Learning to sing from the Bible (scripture songs) while you walk is a POWERFUL weapon against sadness and depression. Let’s go!!
"The voice of my Beloved!….let me see Thy countenance, let me hear Thy voice; for sweet is Thy voice, and Thy countenance is comely." Song of Solomon 2:14
Sometimes when I reflect on the book of Solomon it’s hard not to blush. Really. But as I ponder the new love of a couple approaching marriage, and remember how real is it, it makes me think about my love for Jesus. Am I so eager to hear Him? see Him? Today I pray for a renewal of that heart-skipping first love for Jesus. Join me in that prayer?
"…let us remember this, – those who triumph with Him (Jesus) will first suffer with Him. Those who follow Him through in glory will first follow Him through in shame. Those who share His throne will first share His cross. Before the cross must come the trial and the test. Before Gethsemane must come a day-by-day experience over a period of time to develop a character and a prayer experience that can successfully meet the crisis at the close. This is our message for this hour; this is the experience to fix our minds upon. Let the winds blow; let Satan invent all manner of things to distract. There is one object that we must fix our eyes upon."
Crisis at the Close, page 49. W.D. Frazee
"The first step of apostasy is to get up a creed, telling us what we shall believe. The second is, to make that creed a test of fellowship. The third is to try members by that creed. The fourth to denounce as heretics those who do not believe that creed. And fifth, to commence persecution against such.”
JN Loughborough– October 8, 1861, Review and Herald
"My heart is longing to see the Man, Who was despised and rejected, crowned and seated upon His throne. . . ." Upward look, pg. 78
www.closureforJesus.com2 Peter 3:12 Hastening the day!!
Leviticus 11:7 – And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he [is] unclean to you.
13 PROBLEMS WITH PORK
1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.
2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.
3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.
4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.
5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.
6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.
7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal’s flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.
8)Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.
9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.
10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine’s one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.
11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8).
12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.
13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.
Be sure to pray and counsel together before laying your plans, and then, in the Spirit of Christ, push the work unitedly. If one of your number decides that he cannot cooperate with his brethren, and has no desire to work because of differences of opinion, the course to be pursued is without a question. Humble yourselves before God and resort to prayer, for you cannot and must not attempt to work at variance.
Christian Living, page