Colon Health and Disease Prevention

Colon Health and Disease Prevention

"...white as snow..." Isaiah 1:18
The topic for our first health entry may seem strange.   Certainly, it is a delicate one; however, it is important to understand the function of the human colon.   I had a friend whose catalytic converter on her Isuzu got stopped up, and the combustion wastes could not freely exit.   It was amazing the difference this congestion made in her car’s performance.   It could not travel over about 15 miles per hour, could barely go up a hill, and would get really overheated.  Well, as our medical missionary, Suzanne Allen, explains in this guest entry, the same thing may just happen to our bodies!!
________________________________________________
Our bodies are truly fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139: 14).   Just as soon as we give our bodies what they need to recover from sickness and disease, healing begins.   I have seen a simple example of this in working with  cancer patients.   On these patients, I have seen black or brown mole-like or blackhead-like spots on the back, behind the ear, around the anus, and on the neck.   Once the individual begins to incorporate the proper dietary and lifestyle changes, within a week these spots begin to disappear.  The simple changes we need to make are inexpensive and readily available: proper nutrition, exercise, sunlight, fresh air, rest, pure water (inside and out), temperance, and most important, trust in and submission to God.   All types of diseases respond to these simple remedies.
Since God made us, He knows how to keep us well.  God also knows how to heal us if we become ill.   It is a sad fact that we often wait too long to appeal to the Great Physician for help.  We need His cleansing power in our lives day by day—moment by moment—to keep us spiritually healthy.   Our bodies have the same needs.  The organs God gave us to  eliminate toxins need to be kept functioning properly in order for us to be well.   Indeed, most diseases begin with indigestion and constipation.
People in the United States partake largely of highly refined, processed foods.   We also tend, by and large, to drink too
little water, and to get too little exercise.  All of this compounds the problem.
The normal stool weight is composed of about 75% water, while the other 25% is solid matter.  The solid matter includes
undigested fiber and solidified components of digestive juices,
bacteria, fat, inorganic matter, and proteins.  The breakdown of biliruben contributes to its color, and other components, such as hydrogen sulphide, give it its odor.  It
is obvious, that staying in the colon too long, these components spell trouble.
Constipation comes in two forms: 1) not enough stool passed, though movements are frequent enough, and 2) insufficient quantity of movements, which is the more common form with which we are more readily familiar.  Type one may not be easily recognized as a source of disease, as there are sufficient numbers of movements, but just not enough volume.  Since there is not enough volume, some stool is retained and toxins reabsorbed to wreak havoc.
The most common causes of both types of constipation are insufficient bulk in the diet, emotional stress, lack of exercise, and not enough moisture in the stooldue to insufficient water intake.   It is also important to note that resisting the ‘urge’ to eliminate can, eventually, result in constipation.  As the stool stays in the body and toxins are reabsorbed, it sets the stage for all types of diseases, not the least of which are arthritis and cancer.    It was asked of the late notable physician, John Harvey Kellogg, MD, what was wrong with all of his patients.  His simple response:  “Dirty bowels!”
That being the case, special care should be given to keep this important organ, the colon, functioning in tip top shape.  In
order to do this, it must be cleansed and freed of all of the harmful products resting in its many folds.   There are
many ways to approach this cleansing, and a plethora of products available on the market to do so.  Each individual is
unique and what one may be able to tolerate, another cannot.  We do individual counseling in order to best facilitate ascertaining the cause and best approach for each individual.   It does take some effort in order to regain our health—even the health of our colons. Optimal health is the desire of our Creator as we see in 3 John 2: “Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.”   Just as He has to cleanse our hearts for
spiritual health, we need to follow His plan that we may be clean in our bodies, as well.  This is important for clear
thinking and unclouded communication with our Creator.
_____________________________________________________________
In our next post, I plan to address the question I posed earlier from 1 John 3:22.   Until then, seek closure for Jesus!

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: